Ben Salango is the founder of Salango Law, PLLC. He has over two decades of experience in personal injury litigation and has tried approximately 50 civil jury trials in West Virginia. Mr. Salango has argued numerous cases in the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He has proudly recovered tens of millions of dollars for victims of Charleston medical malpractice, personal injury, and wrongful death. His cases have been featured nationally on CNN, Headline News, Fox News, ABC News, ESPN, USA Today, People Magazine, Becker’s Hospital Review, National Verdict Reporter, and Crime Stories with Nancy Grace.
Mr. Salango has been rated by his colleagues as one of the “Best Lawyers in America” in the area of personal injury litigation and medical malpractice for ten consecutive years. In 2019 and 2021, Mr. Salango was selected as “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Salango is rated “AV” Preeminent® by his colleagues in the Martindale-Hubbell® legal directory for personal injury specializing in medical malpractice. This is the best rating an attorney can achieve and is attained through ratings by members of the judiciary and legal community. In 2017, Mr. Salango was honored by WVU College of Law and WV Executive Magazine with the Lawyers & Leaders Award for his work as a lawyer and for his commitment to community service.
In 2021, Mr. Salango was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® magazine for the eleventh consecutive year. Less than 5% of lawyers in the United States are selected to be included in Super Lawyers®. The process includes nominations, independent research of verdicts, settlements and professional achievements, followed by peer evaluation and a final review of candidates. In 2012, Mr. Salango was acknowledged as one of the Top 40 West Virginians under the age of 40 by the State Journal. He has been endorsed as a member of both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum® for his jury verdicts and settlements. In addition, Mr. Salango has been selected as one of America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®, America’s Top 100 Medical Malpractice Attorneys® and Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys by Attorney and Practice Magazine®.
Mr. Salango has proudly achieved the following results on behalf of his clients:
- $23.1 million class action settlement
- $17 million settlement in multi-plaintiff personal injury case
- $12.5 million settlement in multi-plaintiff personal injury case
- $4.4 million settlement in trucking case
- $4.0 million settlement in medical negligence case
- $3.5 million settlement in abuse case
- $3.2 million settlement in multi-plaintiff wrongful discharge case against WV Secretary of State
- $3.0 million settlement in medical malpractice case
- $3.0 million settlement in trucking crash case
- $3.0 million settlement in medical negligence case
- $2.75 million malpractice settlement for birth injuries
- $2.7 million settlement in nursing home neglect case
- $2.4 million settlement in abuse case
- $1.7 million settlement in brain injury case
- $1.65 million judgment and settlement in medical negligence case
- $1.6 million jury verdict in auto accident
- $1.5 million settlement in commercial vehicle accident
- $1.5 million settlement in automobile collision
- $1.5 million settlement in wrongful death medical malpractice case
- $1.5 million judgment in premises liability case
- $1.35 million settlement in trucking accident case
- $1.0 million settlement in wrongful death case involving unnecessary medical procedure.
- $1.3 million settlement in medical negligence case against physician
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement for spinal cord injuries
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement for birth injuries
- $1.0 million wrongful death settlement for medical negligence
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement for failure to diagnose cancer
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement for lower extremity amputation
- $1.0 million settlement in trucking wrongful death case
- $1.0 million settlement in wrongful discharge employment case
Mr. Salango is frequently invited to lecture regarding trial tactics, personal injury, medical malpractice, damages, cross-examination, and discovery.
Mr. Salango graduated from West Virginia University and West Virginia University College of Law. Raised in Raleigh County, West Virginia, Mr. Salango frequently devotes himself to charities in the area and is active in local government. Mr. Salango, his wife, Tera, and their two sons currently reside in Charleston. He is passionate about coaching youth sports, community service, and representing indigent clients in important cases pro bono.