Collisions involving large trucks are particularly tragic, leaving many with catastrophic injuries. Accident victims may require lengthy recovery times that are financially draining. In some cases, truck accident victims are permanently disabled, creating a lifetime of economic difficulties.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to a negligent or careless truck driver, call Salango Law, PLLC today. Our Charleston truck accident attorneys will fight to secure the financial compensation you need to rebuild your life after a devastating collision. Schedule your free consultation by contacting us online or calling (304) 342-0512.
Extensive Experience Handling Charleston Truck Accident Claims
Attorney Ben Salango, founder of Salango Law, PLLC, is a highly accomplished Charleston personal injury lawyer. For more than two decades, he has helped victims of negligence in Charleston, West Virginia, to recover damages for their injuries. With over 50 civil jury trials, Attorney Salango has received numerous awards and recognitions, including;
- Rated by colleagues one of the “Best Lawyers in America” for personal injury litigation and medical malpractice for ten consecutive years
- Two years running as “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers in America
- Selected to Super Lawyers for eleven years
When you need a personal injury firm that gets results, call Salango Law, PLLC. We have successfully recovered more than $150 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients. Our truck accident attorneys in Charleston will come to you, whether you are at home or still in the hospital. Call today.
Our Charleston Truck Accident Attorneys at Salango Law, PLLC Are Here for You
Large truck collision claims have many challenges a skilled truck accident attorney will need to overcome for you to obtain the settlement you deserve. Most notably, injuries are far more severe with higher chances of morbidity, according to studies conducted by the National Library of Medicine and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The financial impact can be exponentially greater due to multiple surgeries, intensive inpatient therapy, accommodative changes or devices, loss of future income, and daily living assistance.
An experienced truck accident lawyer is imperative to your claim. Your pain, suffering, psychological and emotional distress are intangible feelings that an otherwise healthy person may not fully grasp. It takes a thorough understanding of medically complex injuries and an ability to make them tangible for others.
Additionally, due to the higher financial damages involved, liable parties may fight harder to minimize any payouts. This may mean a greater chance of your case going to trial. You may have to face a trucking company’s legal defense team that specializes in personal injury litigation. Your medical evidence will need to hold up to increased scrutiny. Treating physicians also must face intense examination.
At Salango Law, PLLC, our commercial and large truck accident attorneys will protect your best interests.
- We have skilled and experienced litigators to aggressively advocate on your behalf
- We have medical experts, investigators, and other resources to obtain critical evidence
- We are experts at handling high-stake, complex injury claims
Truck Accidents in West Virginia
West Virginia ranks as one of the top five deadliest states for large truck accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over the last ten years, collisions involving large trucks have seen a 12% increase in fatalities. Of those deaths, 72% were occupants of the other vehicle.
Big-rigs, commercial trucks, and semi-trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds when loaded, making them extremely dangerous on West Virginia roads if drivers are negligent.
What Are Common Causes of Truck Collisions in Charleston?
Large truck accidents are usually due to human error. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration conducted a study to determine the most common causes of large truck collisions.
In the analysis, they defined truck accident causes as critical events and critical reasons.
- Critical events include running out of a travel lane, losing control of the vehicle, and crashing into the rear end of another vehicle
- Critical reasons were classified into four categories;
- Non-performance: the driver was physically impaired while operating the vehicle, like falling asleep
- Recognition: inattentiveness or distracted driving
- Decision: driving too fast for conditions, following too close, or misjudging the speed of other cars on the road
- Performance: the truck driver used poor control, panicked, or overcompensated
The analysis found top factors associated with negligent truck collisions to be;
- Prescription drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Failure to stop
- Over-the-counter drug use
If you or a loved one has been harmed in an accident due to a careless truck driver, Salango Law, PLLC will advise you of your rights and protect your best interests.
What Are Injuries Associated With Serious Truck Accidents?
Devastating truck collisions are horrific scenes. In many cases, accident victims are traumatized and left to endure life-altering injuries, including;
- Traumatic brain injuries, including permanent brain damage
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis and paraplegia
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Fractured, dislocated, and broken bones
- Amputations and decapitations
- Severe burn injuries
- Disfigurement, including severe scarring
Your Charleston Truck Accident Attorneys Are Here for You
Large trucks’ massive size and limited agility on the road require special training to operate safely. Drivers have a responsibility to act with care and caution while sharing the road. However, when a truck driver acts negligently, the consequences can be catastrophic.
Salango Law, PLLC is an exceptional personal injury firm with decades of experience. Our truck accident attorneys in Charleston, West Virginia, understand the key factors to a successful injury claim and will work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve, including;
- Complete coverage of your medical expenses related to your injuries
- Coverage of future medical expenses
- Loss of income if you cannot work
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering damages
- Emotional distress
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a negligent truck accident, call Salango Law, PLLC today. We provide close, personal service, responsive communication, and superior advocacy. To schedule your free consultation, contact us online or call (304) 342-0512.