Kristy Salango Smith is a native of Raleigh County, West Virginia. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from West Virginia University and her law degree from Western Michigan University’s Thomas M. Cooley School of Law. Mrs. Salango Smith, her husband, Matt, and their two children currently reside in Charleston.
Mrs. Salango Smith has committed her career and practice to civil litigation, with a particular passion for Charleston medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, employment discrimination, on-the-job injuries, motor vehicle accidents, and wrongful death cases.
In 2021, Mrs. Salango Smith was selected by her peers to the Super Lawyers: West Virginia Rising Stars list for the second consecutive year. This peer designation is awarded only to a select number of accomplished attorneys in West Virginia. The Rising Stars process considers peer recognition, professional achievement in legal practice, and other cogent factors.
Mrs. Salango Smith was also honored by her peers as “One to Watch” in Best Lawyers in America in both personal injury and medical malpractice litigation.
Representative cases handled by Mrs. Salango Smith include:
- $23 million class action settlement
- $17 million settlement in multi-plaintiff personal injury case
- $3.5 million settlement in abuse case
- $2.4 million settlement in abuse case
- $1.8 million settlement in brain injury case
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement for lower extremity amputation
- $1.0 million settlement in personal injury case
- $1.0 million settlement involving wrongful discharge and age discrimination
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement for spinal cord injuries
- $1.0 million medical malpractice settlement
- $950,000 medical negligence and wrongful death claim
* The results in each case depends on many factors. Prior results by any lawyer or law firm does not guarantee future results.