Burn injuries are traumatic. A severe burn can cause irreparable damage, leading to disfigurement, the destruction of nerve endings, lasting psychosocial consequences, and more. Serious burns are challenging and require close medical attention, multiple procedures, and lengthy recovery times.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious burn, Salango Law, PLLC is here to help. Our Charleston burn injuries attorneys have extensive experience handling medically complex injury claims. We are skilled in high-stakes litigation and will fight for your full compensation. When you need a knowledgeable, resourceful burn injury lawyer to secure your future, call Salango Law, PLLC. Schedule a free evaluation of your case by contacting us online or calling (304) 342-0512.
Why Choose Salango Law, PLLC
At Salango Law, PLLC, our dedicated burn injury lawyers get results. For over 20 years, we have served Virginia’s injured.
- We have recovered more than $150 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients
- We offer free consultations
- We are dedicated to our clients’ needs, always willing to come to your home or hospital
How a Burn Injury Attorney in Charleston Can Help
Serious burn injuries can cause an array of complications, many of which profoundly affect a victim’s quality of life with persisting problems. A Charleston burn injury lawyer will work to understand the full impact of your injuries and present them in a way that is tangible for an otherwise healthy person to understand.
At Salango Law, PLLC, we will;
- Place a value on the tangible and intangible damages you have experienced
- Hold all accountable parties liable for your injuries
- Gather critical evidence to support your claim
- Navigate the difficulties of a complex legal system
- Represent your best interests while negotiating on your behalf
- Advocate for your rights in court
Our Charleston personal injury team will aggressively fight for your right to a fair settlement. Schedule your free consultation today.
How Are Serious Burn Injuries Defined?
The most challenging aspect of burn injury claims is the under-appreciated damages associated with morbidity and long-term effects. Catastrophic burns are often accompanied by symptoms of;
- Immune and inflammatory responses
- Hypermetabolism, which can cause extreme weight loss and an over-consumption of energy
- Distributive shock, or the abnormal blood flow from tissue damage which can lead to multiple organ failure
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Sepsis, sometimes leading to death
- Thermoregulation, or the inability to regulate your core temperature
- Psychosocial damages
Types of Burn Injuries
Burns are classified into four degrees. The severity of the burn is defined by the amount of tissue damage;
- First-degree burns affect the top layer of skin and are considered minor
- Second-degree burns will hit the top two layers of skin and may result in blisters and pain
- Third-degree burns penetrate all three layers of skin and permanently destroy the tissue, characterized by significant scarring, disfigurement, partial removal of the burned area or amputation
- Fourth-degree burns penetrate down to the muscle, tendons, organs, and bone characterized by substantial impairment, often resulting in death
Burn Injury Causes in Charleston
Fire and hot surfaces are not the only causes of burns. Many serious burn injuries can be caused by;
- Chemicals, including sulfuric acid in household cleaners or industrial chemicals in manufacturing plants that can be damaging if inhaled
- Electrical exposure can cause burns if an arm or leg comes in contact with a high voltage source
- Radiation burns are associated with tanning booths, arc welding, and cancer treatments
Contact Our Charleston Burn Injury Lawyers
At Salango Law, PLLC, our Charleston burn injury attorneys have the experience, skills, and expertise to recover the damages you deserve, including;
- Full coverage of medical expenses
- Future coverage of medical expenses
- Lost wages if you are unable to work
- Loss of future income
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Possible punitive damages for gross negligence
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious burn due to the negligence of others, call Salango Law, PLLC, today. For a free consultation, contact us online or call us at (304) 342-0512.