Medical malpractice cases are uniquely complex. Physicians and other medical experts are given a great deal of leeway to make medical decisions for their expertise. If you suspect your injuries are due to medical negligence or made worse by a careless act, contact Salango Law, PLLC, to discuss your case. You may be entitled to compensation.
Our Beckley medical malpractice attorneys are highly accomplished in personal injury litigation and medical negligence claims. Schedule a free evaluation of your case by clicking here or calling (304) 342-0512.
Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys Get Results
At Salango Law, PLLC, our personal injury firm has cultivated a reputation of success. For over 20 years, we have served injured parties in West Virginia, collecting more than $150 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Founder Attorney Ben Salango is nationally recognized for his skilled personal injury and medical malpractice litigation. For the last ten years, he has been rated one of the “Best Lawyers in America” by his peers.
Why You Need a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Beckley
The success of a medical negligence claim depends on an attorney’s ability to convey complex medical matters in a tangible, simple way.
For example, medical negligence is subjective;
- The alleged negligent act will be compared to similar medical scenarios
- If most doctors would respond the same way with the same data available, there may not be a finding of negligence
- However, if the doctor acted in a way that deviated from how other doctors would act in the same situation, a case for negligence can be made
What is considered normal and standard practice for medical professionals can be challenging to determine. A Beckley medical malpractice attorney will need to prove the following;
- A professional duty of care was owed to the patient
- The treating professionals violated this duty of care
- The patient suffered injuries as a direct result of neglect
- A detailed description of damages, including economic and non-economic losses
What Beckley Medical Malpractice Claims Do We Handle?
According to a study by Johns Hopkins Medicine, medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States;
- 10% of all American fatalities were the result of a medical mistake
- Each year an estimated 12,500 medical malpractice claims are filed
There are several types of medical malpractice claims. Our medical negligence lawyers in Beckley handle a wide range of cases. It is important to note that medical negligence is not always immediately known. In some instances, a patient may not have symptoms of harm for weeks, months, or even years. If you or a loved one believe you have suffered injuries due to the negligent actions of a medical professional, call Salango Law, PLLC today.
Some of the most common forms of medical malpractice are;
- Failure to treat or prevent infections
- Anesthesia errors
- Dental errors
- Misdiagnosis or incorrect treatment
- Failure to treat
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
Choose Salango Law, PLLC for Your Medical Malpractice Claim
The accomplished Beckley medical malpractice lawyers of Salango Law, PLLC, are here to help. If you or someone you love has been injured due to the neglect of a healthcare professional, our dedicated team will secure the compensation you deserve, including;
- Full coverage for medical expenses
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Loss of future earnings potential
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Loss of companionship or loss of consortium
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party