Companies are aware of potential hazards in the oil and gas industry and take the necessary precautions to keep workers safe. However, one act of negligence, or recklessness, can cause catastrophic injuries.
At Salango Law, PLLC, our Charleston oil & gas injuries attorneys are familiar with inherently dangerous occupations. If you or a loved one has suffered harm in a preventable, negligent accident, you have options to secure the compensation you deserve. Workers’ compensation benefits are designed to help with medical expenses and some lost income, but they won’t cover all of the damages your injuries cause.
If a workplace accident is caused by the negligent actions of a subcontractor, faulty or poorly maintained machinery, defective equipment, or improperly labeled chemicals, you may be entitled to further compensation through a third-party personal injury claim in Charleston. To figure out which is the best option for you, contact Salango Law, PLLC, online by calling (304) 342-0512.
Why Choose Salango Law, PLLC to Represent Your Oil & Gas Injuries
For over 20 years, Salango Law, PLLC has successfully represented those injured in negligent accidents. Our exceptional personal injury lawyers have recovered over $150 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Salango Law, PLLC founder, Attorney Ben Salango is a highly accomplished personal injury attorney. He has tried more than 50 civil jury trials in West Virginia, argued in front of the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, and has litigated cases in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Attorney Ben Salango has achieved recognition and praise from his colleagues for his personal injury litigation and medical malpractice success, including being;
- Rated one of the “Best Lawyers in America” ten years running
- Selected for Super Lawyers magazine for eleven consecutive years
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” in 2019 and 2021
When you have been hurt in a preventable accident, you deserve the “best” representation possible to recover damages for your injuries.
Why Seek the Counsel of a Charleston Oil & Gas Injury Lawyer?
In West Virginia, the oil and gas industry employs many hard-working families. Employees on oil rigs, gas pipelines, and more are entitled to the safest working conditions possible for dangerous occupations. When those conditions fail due to negligence, the consequences can lead to serious and life-altering injuries. In some cases, injuries may be too severe to overcome. If you have lost a loved one in an oil and gas accident, our compassionate Charleston wrongful death attorneys can help you find justice and closure.
Several factors complicate personal injury claims in the oil and gas occupation. At Salango Law, PLLC, we have extensive experience handling complex injury cases. We will;
- Secure the full compensation you deserve for your injuries
- In cases of negligence, there may be multiple liable parties. While workers’ compensation would prevent a civil claim against your employer, there may be a third party responsible for your injuries. Our experienced oil and gas injury attorneys can investigate your accident to determine all liable parties.
- Translate your injuries into a dollar value
- Injury elements like pain or suffering are intangible and difficult for an otherwise healthy person to grasp. It takes a skilled, experienced attorney to accurately represent your medical needs and their future impact on your life.
- Pursue your workers’ compensation benefits
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim can be complex. There is extensive paperwork, strict deadlines, and tough negotiations. Our Charleston workers’ compensation lawyers will help you navigate through the claims process.
Contact Salango Law, PLLC, today for a free evaluation of your case.
What Are Common Oil & Gas Accidents in West Virginia?
The oil and gas industry is among the most dangerous occupations in West Virginia. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, oil and gas extraction had the largest number of fatalities in the last reporting year. Nationally, oil and gas workers have a death rate seven times greater than the rate for all US industries.
The dedicated attorneys of Salango Law, PLLC, have helped numerous oil and gas accident claims. The most common accidents in Charleston, West Virginia, include;
- Motor vehicle and other transportation accidents
- Exposure to chemicals and hazardous substances
- Fires and explosions
- Striking or being struck by objects and equipment
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Machinery accidents
- Frac tank accidents
- Work rig collapse
- Equipment failure
- Pipeline accidents
What Are the Most Common Oil & Gas Accident Injuries in Charleston?
One careless act can cause significant damage in an oil and gas accident. Injuries sustained by workers and civilians are often catastrophic, requiring life-long adjustments and prolonged medical care.
Salango Law, PLLC has represented victims who have suffered;
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia and paralysis
- Severe burn injuries
- Broken, fractured, or dislocated bones
- Loss of limbs
How Salango Law, PLLC Can Help Your Claim
Salango Law, PLLC has helped numerous families through difficult and painful injury claims. We will work to fully understand the physical and mental trauma caused by your oil and gas accident. Consult with one of our Charleston oil & gas injuries lawyers today to determine if your accident may have other negligent parties. You may be entitled to compensation in addition to workers’ compensation, including;
- Complete coverage of medical expenses
- Coverage of future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Lost future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Aggravation, annoyance, and inconvenience
- Possible punitive damages in specific negligence cases
Salango Law, PLLC is experienced in complex, industry-specific personal injury claims. If you or a loved one has suffered an oil and gas injury, schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers today. You can contact Salango Law, PLLC, by clicking here or calling (304) 342-0512.