Our elderly loved ones deserve qualified care in their later years. However, some long-term care facilities fail to look after the well-being and health of residents. Nursing homes, veterans’ homes, and other long-term care accommodations are given a large amount of control over elderly welfare. When signs of neglect and abuse begin to appear, it is imperative you seek the counsel of an experienced nursing home abuse attorney in Charleston.
At Salango Law, PLLC, our dedicated and compassionate lawyers understand elder abuse can be challenging to prove. If you suspect your loved one is suffering from neglect or abuse, we can evaluate your case and advise you on the best course of action to protect your loved one. Contact Salango Law, PLLC online today for a free consultation or call (304) 342-0512.
Why Our Charleston Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers?
We believe in providing our clients with responsive, compassionate service while aggressively protecting their best interests. Our elderly loved ones are among the most vulnerable to abuse and neglect and require the expertise of a nursing home abuse attorney to defend their rights.
Salango Law, PLLC is Charleston’s top choice for nursing home abuse and neglect;
- We have recovered more than $150 million in settlements and verdicts for our personal injury clients
- We are an award-winning litigation team, recognized by “Best Lawyers in America” for ten straight years and “Super Lawyers” for eleven consecutive years
- With over 20 years of experience and 50 civil jury trials, Salango Law, PLLC’s founder, Attorney Ben Salango, proves why he continues to be selected “Lawyer of the Year” time and time again
You Need a Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Charleston, West Virginia
Abuse in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities routinely goes unnoticed and unreported. If you suspect your loved one of suffering from neglect or abuse, please report your suspicions as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, many reports are not addressed promptly. Evidence of bedsores and bruises may clear up by the time a follow-up is conducted. Additionally, due to the frailty of older generations, scrapes and bruises may have come from other sources accidentally and are not enough to prove abuse. Even suspicious loved ones can begin to doubt their instincts.
Extensive experience in nursing home abuse is needed to identify a benign bruise from the evidence of violence. Our elder abuse lawyers have developed the ability to recognize signs of;
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Physical abuse and battery
- Financial abuse
If you suspect your loved one is being harmed physically, mentally, or financially, call Salango Law, PLLC, to stop your loved one’s suffering today.
Nursing Home Abuse Can Take Many Forms
Despite rampant underreporting, the National Center on Elder Abuse has conducted a study to bring awareness to an overlooked problem, revealing;
- 11.6% of residents experience physical abuse
- 2.6% experience financial abuse
- 4.2% are subjected to neglect
- .9% suffer sexual abuse
- 4.6% experience some form of emotional abuse
Call Our Charleston Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Today
The skilled, experienced Charleston nursing home abuse attorneys at Salango Law, PLLC, are here for you and your elderly loved ones. We believe those in nursing homes and long-term care facilities deserve to feel respected and safe. If your elderly loved one has suffered neglect or abuse by a nursing home staff member or volunteer, call Salango Law, PLLC. Our compassionate personal injury attorneys will fight to recover the damages your family deserves, including;
- Full coverage of medical expenses related to the abuse
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Relocation expenses
- Possible punitive damages