Inherently dangerous jobs are expected to maintain a high level of safety for the benefit of employees, independent contractors, and other persons on site. When accidents occur, the consequences can be catastrophic.
At Salango Law, PLLC, we understand the impact serious injuries can have on a person’s personal and professional life. Our Charleston construction accident attorneys have consistently recovered just and fair compensation for our clients.
Schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys today. When your injuries are the result of negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to more than your workers’ compensation benefits. Contact Salango Law, PLLC by clicking here or calling (304) 342-0512.
Why Obtain Representation From a Charleston Construction Accident Attorney
The highly sought attorneys of Salango Law, PLLC are accomplished, talented litigators with a proven track record of $150 million in settlements and verdicts. We are dedicated to getting results for our clients by providing close, responsive service and aggressive representation.
Construction accident injuries are seldom simple. When an employee is hurt on the job, they must go through a complex approval process to gain the workers’ compensation benefits they need. However, in some cases of negligence, a third party may have caused your injuries. For example;
- If you were injured in a fall from an unstable scaffold, the contractor who sold the defective materials to build it might be partially to blame
- Distracted drivers may plow through construction zones and strike unsuspecting workers
- Heavy machinery or equipment might have a faulty valve that causes a small explosion
Injured construction workers can file a third-party personal injury claim in addition to their workers’ compensation benefits. While not all accidents are caused by a third party, contacting Salango Law, PLLC, to examine your case is crucial to securing your full compensation. Only an experienced and skilled construction site accident attorney can determine all liable parties.
What Accidents Are Commonly Found in Charleston Construction Sites?
Construction sites are inherently dangerous due to the nature of the industry. According to the Top 25 Most Dangerous Jobs in the United States, nearly half of the jobs listed consisted of a type of construction work. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reported 46 fatal work injuries in West Virginia in the last reporting year.
The most common accidents to produce workplace injuries include;
- Falling from rooftops, scaffolding, and ladders
- Becoming trapped, including being pinned down by a fallen wall or trapped between two pieces of heavy equipment
- Being struck by falling debris, tools, pieces of scaffolding, and other dangerous objects
- Being struck by a negligent driver
- Exposed wires and downed power lines causing electrocution
- Serious burns from chemicals or explosions
- Slips and falls from obstructing debris or heights
- Defective or poorly maintained machinery and equipment
- Overexertion, which can lead to strokes
Contact Our Charleston Construction Accident Lawyers
Obtaining counsel after a construction accident is a very personal decision. You can trust that our accomplished Charleston personal injury lawyers have the dedication, expertise, and experience you need to recover your full compensation.
Contact Salango Law, PLLC, today and schedule your free case evaluation with one of our esteemed construction accident attorneys in Charleston. You can contact us by clicking here or calling (304) 342-0512.