West Virginia has seen accelerated economic development in the last few years, ranking as the 3rd fastest-growing state in the nation. Industries are flourishing due to abundant natural resources and technological advances, including manufacturing, metals and steel, mining, chemical, and energy.
With increased industrial enterprises come workplace accidents. At Salango Law, PLLC, our Charleston industrial accidents lawyers have been helping injured workers and their families for decades. Injuries from industrial accidents are typically more severe, often resulting in temporary or permanent disability.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Charleston, the next important step to protect yourself and your family is to obtain experienced counsel. Our knowledgeable Charleston personal injury lawyers can advise you of all your options. Call and schedule your free consultation with Salango Law, LLC today. You can contact us online or by calling (304) 342-0512.
Why Choose Our Charleston Industrial Accident Lawyers?
When you need results, Salango Law, PLLC’s talented attorneys are here;
- We have represented West Virginia’s injured for more than 20 years.
- Recovered over $150 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients
- Highly accomplished in personal injury litigation and medical malpractice
- Rated “Lawyer of the Year, “ one of the “Best Lawyers in America,” and inclusion in Super Lawyers magazine 11 years running
Why it Is Crucial to Obtain an Industrial Accident Attorney in Charleston
Industrial accidents can cause severe, complex injuries that can present challenges through workers’ compensation claims.
In many cases, industrial accidents involve explosions and dangerous chemical exposure. The eruption and release of hazardous toxins can have far-reaching capabilities, affecting neighborhoods and nearby towns.
Potential problems with workers’ compensation benefits
Explosions and toxic exposure can cause catastrophic injuries, leading to significant medical expenses, permanent damage, life accommodation expenses, and disability.
The substantial financial consequences of catastrophic injuries could lead to;
- Workers’ compensation insurance carriers choosing your treating physician
- Since workers’ compensation is unlikely to bear the high cost of life-long injuries, the chosen doctor may encourage your speedy recovery and return to work
- Additionally, their doctor determines the degree of disability you will be assigned for the rest of your life
Possible solutions with a third-party personal injury claim
A third-party claim is a standard personal injury lawsuit against someone other than an employer. If the industrial accident and subsequent explosion were caused by a defective safety valve, the manufacturer of the valve could be held liable in a third-party claim.
A third-party personal injury claim will allow further damages to be recovered, like pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
How Industrial Accidents Are Defined
Industrial accidents can cause greater damage to property and people.
Industrial Accident Statistics
The National Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries reported;
- 642 workers were killed by exposure to harmful substances or environments
- 99 workers perished in fires and explosions
- Construction and extraction industry deaths increased by 6%
- Private construction industry deaths rose 5%
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, West Virginia;
- 46 people were killed in total workplace injuries
- 12 workers were killed by exposure to harmful substances
- 7 workers perished in private mining, quarrying, and oil and gas industries
- 9 workers were killed in construction and extraction
Common Industrial Accident Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are often synonymous with industrial accidents, resulting in;
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fire and chemical burns
- Illness from gas and toxin exposure
- Spinal cord injuries
Contact Our Charleston Industrial Accident Lawyers
The dedicated attorneys of Salango, PLLC, will work to understand the extent of your injuries, how they affect you day-to-day, and the impact they will have on your future. Our Charleston industrial accidents lawyers excel at presenting intangible feelings of pain and suffering in a way that is tangible to an otherwise healthy person.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to an industrial accident caused by negligence, we will thoroughly examine your case for all liable parties. Contact the skilled and talented industrial accident attorneys of Salango Law, PLLC, for your free evaluation today. You can contact us online or by calling (304) 342-0512.